Sep 26, 2013

Models- Posing for 'Works of Art'

How many of the Nepali models are taller than 5 ft 8 in ? I suspect none. Wikipedia defines a model as ‘a person who is employed for the purpose of displaying and promoting fashion clothing or other products and for advertising or promotional purposes or who poses for works of art.’

How many of them are posing for ‘works of art’? Probably, none.How many of the internet models are ‘promoting fashion clothing’ or other product ? A very small number of them, I believe.

Some of you might say that the definition of model, in this digital age, is changed. I agree, and I also believe so. But, there is still something amiss, odd, or awkward on the way our modeling industry is shaping up. I have lost track of the beauty contests, being held every other day — and I won’t be writing about them anymore unless they are ‘big enough’ like Miss Nepal. These ‘model manufacturing’ contests might be one of the reason there are so many models around.
comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails